Rules for Heritage Radio’s Divali Greeting Card Competition:
This competition is now open to children between the ages of 4 to 12-years-old.
- Entrants are to design and submit a Divali Themed Greeting Card of original design and the artwork done without the use of pre-made decorative items such as glitter or stickers. Use of other materials such as crepe paper or cloth will be allowed.
- Cards can be of any size or shape but no printed cards or designs are to be used either or submitted.
- All cards MUST capture the theme of the Divali Celebration in vibrant colours and depictions and must include a simple greeting to a loved one in the family- Mom, Dad, Grandmom, Grandad, Sister or Brother. Cards addressed to a teacher or a guru are also welcomed.
- The child entering the competition must write the greeting and sign the card at the bottom. Greetings can be a simple message or an original poem.
- Cards will be judged on Originality, Creativity, the Greeting, and the ability to capture the festival of Divali.
- Cards can be dropped off in a special box at Heritage Radio’s Booth at the Divali Nagar or delivered to our Port of Spain Office, #104 Woodford Street, Port of Spain. All entries must be submitted by the close of the Divali Nagar on Sunday 8th November, 2015.
- Please state at the back of the card: Entrant’s Name, Address, Age, and a Contact Number.
- Winning cards will be scanned and returned to child on the night of the Nagar (if possible), to present to their loved one on Divali Day.
- Parents and Guardians will be asked to send us a digital photo of the card being presented by the child. This will be posted on our Facebook page and our Website.
The top three cards will be chosen for prizes by our judges.
Grand Draw live on Heritage Radio 101.7FM on Monday 9th November, 2015.
Prize giving will be on the final night of the Divali Nagar.
Lots of really cool prizes to be won!